29 Dec Smarter, Faster, Better: Accelerating Outcomes
It’s been a year we’ll never forget, although many of us may try very hard to do just that. What we may have learned on the fly in 2020, will be necessary skills in the year to come. Maintaining productivity will be paramount.
I first wrote about this topic in 2017 and despite it’s pre-pandemic predicament, this book is still relevant to how we can approach the year ahead. Charles Duhigg’s “Smarter, Faster, Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business,” highlights the personality and work habits of highly productive individuals.
He found that the most productive individuals had four common traits:
- They knew how to focus
- They constantly try to develop new skills
- They constantly network and meet new people
- They eagerly solicit help from colleagues
At Axiom, we work hard to accelerate business outcomes by decreasing implementation time and increasing market awarerness. This translates to decreased project cost and increased profitability for our customers.
How does it work?
- Market Focus – Our deep experience in agriculture and horticulture, construction, health care and manufacturing allows us to quickly identify and assess market opportunities from which our customers can profit.
- Partnerships – Since 1993, Axiom has partnered with the nation’s top research scientists and leading research universities. These partnerships allow us to test and identify new technologies that impact our customers.
- Customer Insights – We have pioneered next generation market research methods that enable us to identify unmet AND under-served needs more quickly, more accurately and at a lower price than traditional methods.
- Cross-functional Teams – Our team members come from diverse backgrounds (i.e. inventors, sales managers, market researchers, journalists, scientists, and engineers, etc.) This diversity enables us to create better solutions faster.
- Innovation Networks – One of our internal axioms is “Innovate or Die”. Part of our innovation process involves creating innovation networks of individuals from all over the country. In addition, we present our research at industry trade shows and professional organizations such as PDMA, PMI, MinneAnalytics, and others.