15 Oct Millennials and Home Improvement Seminar for 2021 True Value Reunion
Axiom Presents Millennials and Home Improvement Seminar for 2021 True Value Reunion
The True Value Company invited me and Axiom CTO Rob Beachy to present a seminar at its 2021 Reunion event that happened last week in Chicago about millennials and home improvement.
Information sources for the seminar included:
1.) Axiom’s 2022 Consumer Gardening Survey which we debuted at the event
2.) Axiom’s 2021 Home Improvement Survey
Much has been written about Millennials and the fact that they are the most populous consumer segment in the U.S.
- 25% of the U.S. population are millennials
- 75% of the U.S. work force will be millennials by 2025
- Millennials spend $600 billion in the U.S. each year
- Millennials bought 38% of all homes in 2020
- Millennials account for 22% of all homes sold in 2020
What about Millennials and home improvement? According to our 2021 Home Improvement Survey:
- 44% of consider themselves expert or experienced DIYers
- 46% started and finished a home improvement project
- 66% plan to do an interior project
- 44% plan to do an exterior project
- 32% plan to do a landscaping or gardening project
For more information or a copy of Axiom’s Home Improvement Survey or a link to the seminar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.