20 Oct The 6 Principles of Great Marketing Insights
In my career leading marketing insights functions for Fortune 100 organizations, I have learned that great insights leaders follow six simple, but critical principles when leading insights & research initiatives. Missing any of these factors means putting your insights investment and ultimately business decision at risk.
Be sure you:
- Answer an important business question
- Weigh the investment of research vs. the risk of making a decision without insights
- Stay focused on clear objectives throughout
- Include the right internal players early in the process
- Focus on the ‘so what’ implications
- Be comfortable this initiative will lead you to ask even more questions
Too often we hear of insights being used to confirm a hunch. Doing so can cast a shadow over the entire process. It’s important to stay open to the outcomes and direction well-constructed research can bring to your organization an objective.
Are you including each of these important principles in your insights process? Let’s talk about how the Axiom team can help you. Contact Michelle LeGros at email@example.com